Over the last few days, representatives of the U.N. met with 27 international agency heads in the Swiss capital, Bern, to chart a solution to food price rises that have caused hunger, riots and hoarding in poor countries.
As reported by Reuters, the United Nations said today that “We consider that the dramatic escalation in food prices worldwide has evolved into an unprecedented challenge of global proportions.”
This group, consisting of the heads of U.N. agencies, funds and programs, the IMF and the World Bank under the leadership of U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon , will set priorities for a plan of action and make sure it is carried out.
The recent surge in food prices is said to be due to several factors, including:
- increased demand in developing countries,
- higher fuel costs,
- drought in Australia,
- the use of crops for bio-fuels,
- and speculation on global commodity markets.
The group is also urging countries not to use export bans as a tool to maintain the food supply of their own country.
So let me get this straight:
- World leaders (business, gov’t, NGO) use the IMF/World Bank to encourage the governments of ‘developing nations’ to sell farm land to multi-national corporations. Farm land that used to sustain the native population is used to grow flowers and other export-only crops like coffee and cocoa.
- Al Gore and the environmental-industrial complex creates an atmosphere of fear and political correctness throughout the world. The expansion of bio-fuels is one of the results of this fear.
- The financial leaders of the world create another world wide panic over sub-prime mortgages and the related ABCP.
- We are told that the world is running out of oil.
- We are told that as China & India grow, oil supplies will become more scare due to increased industrial and automotive use.
Now we are told that the world is running out of food.
What the @**&%$#??? Why do we give ‘these’ people any control over our lives?