- babies are being diagnosed as clinically obese
- adolescents are being diagnosed with “adult onset” type 2 diabetes
- children are being admitted to hospitals with hip and back deformities brought on by excess weight
- young girls are developing menstrual difficulties attributed to obesity
- kids are being fitted with CPAP units in an attempt to treat sleep apnea brought on by excess fat around their throats.
And researchers at UCLA may have determined the root cause of the problem:
Parents who eat junk food are more likely to raise children who eat junk food.
kids who eat junk food are more likely to be obese…just like their parents.
Not exactly rocket science, is it?
So, what are we going to do about it?
Stay tuned, in tomorrow’s post, I will outline some of the possible solutions to this problem.
If you like what you see here, click here for updates
- And just when you thought the obesity epidemic couldn’t get any worse
- Big Brother v.s Childhood Obesity
- Obama’s stimulus bill and Health Care
- Are fat kids victims of child abuse?
- Fat babies become fat kids become…