Yesterday was Groundhog Day at my gym.
The same people, with the same bodies, were doing the same workouts that they do each and every day.
- The skinny-fit people were running hard, uphill, on their treadmills
- The skinny-fat people were jogging, like good little hamsters on their treadmills or ellipticals, and
- The wanna-be skinny-fat people were plodding along in their fat-burning zones.
- The resident “strong-men” of the gym were trying hard to hide even more muscle under their generous layers of body-fat.
- The “machine-junkies” were getting a very safe & sensible workout
- The Yoginis were stretching themselves into pretzels
- And the interval training junkies were working out like this:
And the question I ask is…
Why do the runners run and the lifters lift?
Why don’t the yoginis ever try to build some strength?
Why do the Crossfit cultists only do Crossfit?
Why don’t the Curves circuit bunnies ever do some sprints on the exercise bikes?
So, I ‘m asking you.
Do you have the guts to break out of your routine and try something new?
If you like what you see here, click here for updates