This recession sucks.
People are losing their jobs and their homes. Governments are going deeper into debt trying to stimulate their way out of this mess.
And if that wasn’t bad enough, it turns out that the recession is affecting more than our bank statements.
It’s affecting our health
How so, you ask?
- Due to the high cost of health care, “more than half of American households have cut back on health care in the past year because of concerns about the costs.”
- People are putting off visits to the doctor and dentist.
- They’re postponing needed tests.
- They’re not filling prescriptions.
- They’re showing up at free clinics complaining of stress related conditions like constipation, high blood pressure, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, anxiety disorders, depression, etc…
- They’re canceling gym memberships.
- They’re eating out more often at fast food restaurants.
- When it comes to buying groceries, price has overtaken health & food quality as the primary purchasing influence.
- Along with the junk food, there has been an increase in cigarette and alcohol consumption.
And I could go on.
But, I won’t:
Increased BAD Health Habits
Decreased GOOD Health Habits
And as they say, if you don’t have your health…
So, as a public service to all of you fine people who want to stay in shape without breaking the bank, starting tomorrow, I am going to brave the frigid Canadian outdoors and start filming some outdoor/playground/jungle gym workouts.
Wish me luck.
If you like what you see here, click here for updates