Yesterday, Oprah devoted her show to Extreme Life Extension.
During the show, Oprah and Dr. Oz showcased some of the science and technology devoted to extending human life. And, for a health & fitness nerd like myself, it was fun to watch.
If you missed it, here is a synopsis.
Pretty cool, huh?
But what I found most interesting was the discussion about the Life Extension Diet.
For those of you who don’t know about the Life Extension Diet, here is the abridged version:
- Restrict your caloric intake
- Get those calories from highly nutritious foods
Except, this is how Oprah’s viewers were introduced to the diet:
A skinny, middle aged guy weighing and measuring everything he eats….and if that wasn’t bad enough, he peels an apple for his breakfast.
And what’s so weird about that?
Because he threw out the apple and ate the peel.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, apple peel.
These people need to hire a better marketing company.
They need to:
- Down play the caloric restriction – people don’t like being hungry
- Upsell the sizzle of the steak
- Make my mouth water over bowls of luscious fruit
- And hire some sexy celebrity(ies) to glam things up a bit.
I mean, seriously, who is more likely to get America hooked onto the Longevity Diet?
or this guy…
and be honest.
You know that sex sells better than brains any day of the week.
So, with that in mind, here’s my attempt at marketing the new and improved…
- Endorsed by Matthew McConaughey
- Loaded with sizzling steaks and fruit smoothies
- Guaranteed to give you limitless energy & vitality
- You’ll live longer than you can even imagine
- And your sex life will be off the charts….
All for the low, low price of $19.99
If you like what you see here, click here for updates