- Kitchen illiteracy
- Processed convenience foods saving little or no time
- And how convenient fresh food might be a real game-changer.
And like Mark, I couldn’t agree more.
But, I would take the argument even a little further.
I would argue that convenience food is a perfect example of our collective short term thinking.
What is the true cost of eating pre-packaged food?
Even if you do save a buck and a 10 minutes, what are you losing in terms of your health, appearance, longevity, vitality, etc?
How convenient is convenience food when it results in:
- Chronic lack of energy due to nutrient deficiencies
- America’s Obesity Epidemic and all of it’s related physical, emotional & social repercussions.
- Hypertension due to the high salt content
- Constipation, diarrhea, leaky gut and an increased chance of colon cancer
- Neurological disruption due to additives (MSG, NutraSweet, etc…)
- Bad skin, bad hair, bad breath…
- A significantly larger environmental footprint
- The death of mom & pop restaurants and America’s family farms
- The further dumbing down of our society – say goodbye to the Greatest Generation and say hello to these idiots
If you like what you see here, click here for updates
- High Carb Diet = Heart Attack
- Omega 3s – Why you need them and how to get them
- Is Your Diet Giving You Alzheimer’s Disease?
- The status-quo is broken…We need a new model for burning fat and getting fit
- My Unconscious Mind is Making Me Fat – Part 3
- A Spark of Hope in the Fight against Childhood Obesity