This post is strictly for the fitness/nutrition geeks.
All sorts of neat-o research studies.
- The Nutrient-Rich Foods (NRF) Index is a new, objective, science-based way to measure the total nutritional quality of foods and beverages…link to the research, Nutrient Rich Foods Coalition
- Urban Farming? – Will Allen – creator of Growing Power, FoodCycles – Toronto’s Urban Garden
- Millions Of U.S. Children Low In Vitamin D – Increased risk of bone and heart disease – all due to sunscreens and a fear of the sun? – link to the research
- More Evidence Of Fish Oil’s Heart Health Benefits – There is mounting evidence that omega-3 fatty acids from fish or fish oil supplements not only help prevent cardiovascular diseases in healthy individuals, but also reduce the incidence of cardiac events and mortality in patients with existing heart disease. link to the research
- Caloric Restriction reduces the risk of Breast Cancer – link to the research
- If you have an overweight child who has overweight friends, you need to read this
- Social Stress leads to visceral/belly fat which leads to heart disease – link to the research
- Gut hormone CCK has an insulin like effect on blood sugar – link to the research
- Traditional Gender Roles aren’t dead yet – Women Eat Less when they Eat with a Man – link to the research
- High-fat, High-sugar Foods Alter Brain Receptors – Researchers report that either continuous eating or binge eating a high fat, high sugar diet alters opioid receptor levels in an area of the brain that controls food intake – link to the research
If you like what you see here, click here for updates
- My Unconscious Mind is Making Me Fat – Part 3
- My Unconscious Mind is Making Me Fat – Part 2
- My Unconscious Mind is Making Me Fat – Part 1
- Ryan Seacrest and Jamie Oliver take on America’s Obesity Epidemic
- The status-quo is broken…We need a new model for burning fat and getting fit
- The Link between Belly Fat, Depression, Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease
- You Drink Pop = You Get Fat
- PediaSure…a source of complete and balanced nutrition for our kids?
- The Top 12 PREVENTABLE Causes of Death
- Obesity: Insulin trumps Genetics
- 10 Ways to Screw Up your Diet