The more challenging or threatening the situation or context to be assimilated and affirmed, the greater the stature of the person who can achieve it. The demon that you can swallow gives you its power, and the greater life’s pain, the greater life’s reply.” ~ Joseph Campbell from The Power of Myth (Canada)
- Getting in shape is hard work.
- Getting out of shape is much, much easier.
- Getting fit requires self-discipline.
- Getting fit requires the ability to say no.
- Getting fit requires sacrifice.
- But, it’s worth it.
The demon that you can swallow gives you its power
Thanks to TC @ TMuscle for putting me onto this quote.