Aaaaarrrgggghhhhh……I am so frustrated.
Yesterday, I met with new client for the first time.
Over the past 30+ years, this woman has tried and failed to lose 20 pounds and get into “shape”
- She has consulted with doctors and trainers and nutritionists and naturopaths.
- She has bought books and magazines and dvds and subliminal audio programs.
- She has starved herself of calories and fat and carbs.
- She has run and jumped and stretched and lifted and sweated…a lot.
- She has taken thousands of pills and potions.
- She has rubbed on various creams and lotions.
In short, she has done just about everything that every popular health/fitness/weight-loss expert has told her to do.
- And yet, she has never really come close to achieving her health & fitness goals.
- And she blames herself.
- And so do the experts.
They told her that their program was guaranteed to work…but only if she followed their instructions with perfect compliance.
So, when the program failed, it was because she broke the rules. It was her fault.
What a load of B.S.
- They are supposed to be the experts.
- They promise a solution.
- She pays them large amounts of money for that solution.
- And yet they take no responsibility for their part in the process
The nutritionist/dietitian gave her a meal plan, but never told her how to cope with the cravings and hunger pangs that came along with it.
The trainer billed her $120 per session but never taught her the hows and whys of an effective training program.
The weight loss doctor gave her a diet and some B12 injections and then yelled at her when she broke her 1000 calorie / no-carb diet.
So, why is it that after 30+ years of listening to the experts and spending thousands and thousands of dollars, this woman is still fatter and weaker and less healthy than she wants to be?
- Is it all her fault?
- Is it the fault of the experts?
- A bit of both?
.And, is there a better way?
- Fatwashing is the new Greenwashing
- 5 Bucks for a Can of Coke
- Better than the Biggest Loser
- America’s Obesity Epidemic costs $147 billion
- Having trouble sticking to your diet?
- How the Free Market makes you FAT and why “Big Food” likes it that way
- Nutritional Information on Restaurant Menus – Does it make any difference?
- The Future of Fast Food
- The status-quo is broken…We need a new model for burning fat and getting fit
Like this article???
If you like this article, don’t forget to subscribe to @healthhabits. When you subscribe, my friends at MailChimp will make sure to send you an email every time I post something new here at the blog.
As well, you also get access to the series of Supplement Reports that I am publishing this year.