Researchers have discovered a cutting edge technique to help senior citizens improve the elasticity of their arteries – thereby reducing their risk of heart disease and stroke.
Led by Dr. Kenneth Madden, the researchers were able to reduce arterial stiffness by 15 to 20% in only 3 months time.
But wait, it gets better.
Unlike most cardiovascular treatments, the cost of this new cure-all is…….nothing, zero, nada, rien…it’s free.
It’s free because the treatment is:
Exercise instead of drugs…who would have thought of that???
Dr. Madden divided his test subjects into two groups.
- The first group performed one hour of vigorous physical activity for one hour, three times a week for three months.
- The second group continued to live a sedentary lifestyle.
Subjects were classified as sedentary at the beginning of the study but gradually increased their fitness levels until they were working at 70 per cent of their maximum heart rate, using treadmills and cycling machines. They were supervised by a certified exercise trainer.
And after three months, the exercise group was healthier, while the sedentary group wasn’t.
So, as a public service to all of my 65+ readers (and those readers with friends & family who are 65+), I will be posting “no equipment necessary” workouts geared toward trainees who are boomer age and older.
BTW, this post is for my Dad…who should be outside right now getting some exercise
If you like what you see here, click here for updates
- Toronto By-Law Nazi Accosts Senior Citizens for Exercising in a Public Park
- Get Fit and Save Money
- Can Potassium Reverse High Blood Pressure?
- The Future of Health Food
- Your Anti-Senility Prescription
- Why Do We Get OLD?
- The status-quo is broken…We need a new model for burning fat and getting fit