It looks like the shift from healthhabits.wordpress.com to healthhabits.ca is finally happening.
For the next little while, I will continue to post here while directing you over to the new blog.
Hopefully, you like the new design. It is still pretty barebones, but I will be adding new features and improving accessibility over the coming weeks.
Let me know shat you like and don’t like about the new design
Now, back to today’s post
another Health Habits transformation: The Healthy Irishman
A few weeks ago, the Healthy Irishman asked me to help transform himself from being merely healthy into something super-human.
And, considering how many posts he has written for Health Habits, I figured I owed him.
So, I put together a particularly nasty workout, beta tested it on one of my guinea pigs, and voila…starting Monday, the Irishman and his visiting younger brother will be putting on a freak show at the Venice Beach Gold’s Gym.
I will be posting the workouts here as well as on this Posterous website.
(FYI – with Posterous, The Irishman will be able to view his workouts (with video) off of his smartphone at the gym – just like an iPhone app, except the workout won’t suck)
For those of you who might be interested in following the Irishman’s progress (or joining in), feel free to sign up for email updates. Also, you should probably sign up for the Health Habits feed as well.
Here’s a brief outline of Gavan’s (the Irishman) current fitness routine
- he trains 5 x per week
- Mon to Fri
- at 4:15 am (not a typo)
- he workouts at Golds Gym – Venice (so he has access to every workout toy imaginable)
His current workout is based on a 2 exercise/10 set per bodypart workout based on a 5 day split
T- Hamstrings. Calves
T- Bi’s/ Tri”s
Sat is off or 30 min cardio
Sun is off
Resistance workouts last 50 min with an additional 10-20 mins cardio after lifting. 1 hr 20 total approx.
- He would like to build up maybe add 10 lbs of lean muscle.
- Get some definition.
- Improve fitness
- Doesn’t want to look like a bodybuilder
- Wants to look defined & strong…kinda like
LL Cool J
or Jason Statham
- Gavan weighs 176 lbs @ 5′11″
- He has a chronically injured right shoulder (vertical presses are out)
Here’s his before pics
He eats 5-6 meals a day and gets good quality carbs and protein in each meal.
Carbs: Brown rice, quinoa pasta or gluten free pasta, cous-cous, yams, polenta, oatmeal
Protein: Egg whites, fish, shrimp, tofu, seitan, chicken, turkey
Also, for the next 5 weeks, Gavan’s brother Ross is visiting. This means that the Irishman will have a workout buddy for the first 5 weeks.
In tomorrow’s post, I will outline the workout along with my recommendations for supplementation and diet.
And, on Sunday, I will post the first workout
- The Deadpool Mega Muscle mass Workout – Part Three
- The Deadpool Mega Muscle Mass Workout – Part Two
- The Deadpool Mega Muscle Mass Workout
- The Official “Make Ryan Reynolds your Beeyotch” Workout
- HIIT: The Aerobic Version
- The 25 Fittest Men in the World – Part 2
- The 25 Fittest Men in the World – Part 1
- Ryan Reynold’s Deadpool Workout Plan
- WARNING: Tabata Workouts WILL Cause Fat Loss
- HealthHabits – 4 Steps to a Great HIIT Workout
- HIRT Training