It’s that time of year again.
So, without any further ado, here are your…
Fitness Trends for 2010
The clairvoyants at ACE have predicted that fiscal restraint will be the biggest influencer on the fitness trends of 2010.
Here’s their top 10:
- Cost-Conscious Workouts at Fitness Clubs and at Home: The impact of the economy continues to affect the choices of fitness enthusiasts and health clubs alike. Gyms will alter programming and training to better serve the needs of the cost-conscious member, while in-home workouts utilizing small, portable fitness equipment will be popular among individuals watching their budgets. health fitness exercise Honestly, I can’t say enough about the Iron Woody bands – great workout tool, portable, inexpensive and pretty much indestructible. For the time being, you can buy them here. But, in the near future, I hope to be able to get you a better Health Habits discount.
- Group Training: Individuals will scale back on personal training sessions to take advantage of small-group training and group class participation as another way to save on expenses. Health clubs may alter some programs to better suit the needs of larger groups. Likewise, individuals may find that the group setting offers additional motivation and support of their fitness efforts.health fitness exercis xxxe body We are already seeing this with the explosion of Boot Camp style group workouts health fitness exercise workout hiit
- Time-Efficient Workouts for the Time-Pressured American: Shorter yet higher-intensity workouts will be more appealing to those with busy schedules because they can reap significant fitness rewards with relatively minimal time investment. Boot-camp style workouts will continue to be one of the most popular of these trends in 2010, offering the ability to burn sufficiently large number of calories while simultaneously improving muscular fitness. Circuit training will also be a time-efficient workout of choice due to its combined strength and endurance activities. health body fitness health health fitness hiit healthhabits hiit healthhabits Not to mention the growth of HIIT & HIRT workouts health fitness exercise workout hiit health fitness exercise workout hiit
- Exergaming: Exergames (see Nintendo Wii Fit) will continue to climb in popularity and be taken to the next level: fitness clubs. By integrating fitness-based video games into their programming, clubs will offer unique exercise sessions for game-lovers and those looking for variety within their workouts. health fitness exercise hiit healthhabits fitness obesity weight loss Note – This already exists at “kids-only” gyms like this one he health fitness exercise workout hiit health fitness exercise workout hiitalth
- Boomer-Specific Programs: Special fitness programming for aging adults will remain a strong trend next year. Growing numbers of boomers recognize the multitude of benefits that come along with regular exercise participation, from lowering blood pressure and cholesterol to maintaining one’s functional independence and overall wellbeing. fitness obesity weight loss hiit The Boomers have been driving market trends for decades. No reason for it to stop now. health fitness exercise workout hiit health fitness exercise workout hiit
- Functional Training Workouts: Functional training workouts will increase in variety. health Over the past 12 months, I have noticed that people are replacing “bodybuilding” style exercises more more “functional” movements. Hopefully this is a trend that has legs. health fitness exercise workout hiit health fitness exercise workout hiit
- Health and Fitness Awareness: The importance of health and fitness is gaining greater awareness among commercial and governmental organizations. There will be a strong movement towards collaboration between these groups and health and fitness organizations throughout the New Year. These diverse groups will work together in the fight against physical inactivity and obesity. The media frenzy over America’s Obesity Epidemic is driving this increased awareness. heal health fitness exercise workout hiit health fitness exercise workout hiitth fitness exercise workout hiit health fitness exercise workout hiit
- Importance of Proper Professional Credentials: Health and fitness clubs are recognizing the need for, and the importance of, hiring trainers who hold high-quality, reputable professional credentials. NCCA-accredited fitness certification is fast becoming the recognized stamp of approval for credentialing quality in the fitness industry. ACE is among the few organizations to which the National Commission for Certifying Agencies grants this accreditation for certification programs. Hmmmmm, is it coincidence that ACE exists solely to sell training certifications??? Methinks I smell a conflict of interest health fitness exercise workout hiit health fitness exercise workout hiit
- Specialty Exercise Classes: Specialty classes such as ethnic dance, hooping, pole dancing and Zumba will remain popular due in part to the continued success of shows like Dancing with the Stars and So You Think You Can Dance. Fusion-type classes will be popular among fitness enthusiasts that want to switch up their typical workout programs. Additionally, more gyms will offer unique group exercise programs and mind-body activities. fitness fit weight loss Let’s face it. A lot of people don’t exercise because it bores them out of their little Ritalin addicted minds. Zumba classes, stripper classes, surfboarding classes, ballet bootcamp classes, mma classes and even dodgeball classes aim to make exercise a little less like work and a little more like play. health fitness exercise workout hiit health fitness exercise workout hiit
- Fitness Training Tools: Technology is continuing to infiltrate the fitness world. The use of tracking and online training and scheduling tools will increase in the coming year with more people looking to better gauge their progress by accessing and monitoring details of their fitness programs. Mobile applications are even bringing fitness on-the-go through iPhone applications and other downloadable programming. health body fitness health health fitness hiit healthhabits Between wearable fitness tools and their online companions, technology IS going to play a larger role in the fitness industry. Unfortunately, you are still going to have to do all of the sweating.
We,, there you go. The fitness trends for 2010.
Too bad that the #1 trend wasn’t…MORE EXERCISE, LESS TV
- Losing weight is simple…but it ain’t easy
- What the Diet Gurus Won’t Tell You
- Better than the Biggest Loser
- America’s Obesity Epidemic costs $147 billion
- Having trouble sticking to your diet?
- How the Free Market makes you FAT and why “Big Food” likes it that way
- The status-quo is broken…We need a new model for burning fat and getting fit