The “Want to Get Healthy” Client
This client isn’t concerned with weight loss or strength or running a marathon. They just want to be healthy. To that end….
1. We start with a Paleo Basic style of diet….
- Foods that are as close to nature as possible. If our Paleo ancestors couldn’t make it, you can’t eat it.
- Meat -i.e beef, pork, chicken, fish, seafood, etc…
- Nuts & Seeds
- Seed Oils
Don’t Eat This
- or any other Processed crap. If it comes in a box or has multi-syllabic ingredients, it ain’t Paleo.
2. Then, we can re-introduce legumes and dairy…slowly.
- During the re-introduction of beans & dairy, we watch for changes in digestion. Not to get all gross about it, but the Paleo argument against legumes & dairy focuses directly on digestion. The theory is that our ancient Paleo DNA hasn’t had time to adapt to these foods. As such, our immune system and as a result, our GI system has problems digesting these foods.
- If we start seeing GI problems, we remove the offending food and try another. Simple
3. We also stop eating 4 hours before bedtime (nothing but calorie free beverages)
Like this article???
If you like this article, don’t forget to subscribe to @healthhabits. When you subscribe, my friends at MailChimp will make sure to send you an email every time I post something new here at the blog.
As well, you also get access to the series of Supplement Reports that I am publishing this year.