The “Want to Get Fit and Want to Get Lean” Client
This client makes up the majority of my personal training clientele. They want to maximize their fitness and get ultra-lean in the process.
Not to surprisingly, we pull out all the stops for this client.
1. We start with a Paleo Basic style of diet….
- Foods that are as close to nature as possible. If our Paleo ancestors couldn’t make it, you can’t eat it.
- Meat -i.e beef, pork, chicken, fish, seafood, etc…
- Nuts & Seeds
- Seed Oils
Don’t Eat This
- or any other Processed crap. If it comes in a box or has multi-syllabic ingredients, it ain’t Paleo.
2. Then we remove all the calorie dense vegetables….potatoes, carrots, parshnips, beets, corn, sweet potatoes, peas and squashes
Kind of a low-carb Paleo Diet.
3. Peri-Workout Nutrition is still included
4. The pre-bedtime, small high protein/high fat meal is also still included.
- This meal is designed to help your body recover from your workouts.
5. But no carbs (fruit & veg included) are eaten during the 4 hours before bedtime
- As your body gets more of the stuff that it needs, it will respond by reducing your appetite / hunger. Counting calories always leads to reducing calories again and again and again. it just doesn’t work long term.
6. And Portions are controlled
- 1 plate-full per meal (no seconds)
- Vegetables make up 2/3 of the plate
- Note – We don’t count calories on any of my diets. Our goal is to feed your body foods that are high in nutrients and relatively low in calories. As your body gets more of the stuff that it needs, it will respond by reducing your appetite / hunger. Counting calories always leads to reducing calories again and again and again. it just doesn’t work long term.
So, there you go.
Hopefully, you fit nice and neat into one of these categories.
Like this article???
If you like this article, don’t forget to subscribe to @healthhabits. When you subscribe, my friends at MailChimp will make sure to send you an email every time I post something new here at the blog.
As well, you also get access to the series of Supplement Reports that I am publishing this year.