I love interval training….absolutely love it.
There is something magical about the HIIT, HIRT and Tabata workouts that I inflict upon my clients.
As the clock counts down, they move quicker, lift heavier and recover faster.
Whether it’s bike sprints…or bodyweight squats…or Thrusters…interval training is a powerful tool for burning fat and getting really, really fit, really, really fast.
How to Get Started with Interval Training
Step One: Buy a Gymboss Interval Timer
Seriously, you’ll thank me.
- No more watching the clock out of the corner of your eye or screaming at your workout buddy for not paying attention.
- No more dropiing your smartphone on the hard gym floor.
Spend the 20 bucks. Buy a Gymboss interval timer. Clip it to your shorts. It will beep & vibrate to let you know when to start & stop.
Simple. Effective. Buy the damn timer.
Step Two: Do one of the HIIT/HIRT/Tabata workouts listed below
- 4 Steps to a Great HIIT Workout
- A Super-Sexy David Beckham-esque HIIT Sprint Workout
- Waves and Waves of HIIT
- HIRT – No Equipment – No Problem
- HIIT Workouts – Vertical Jump Training
- Tabata Training 101
- Energy System Fitness
- 10 more reasons to love High Intensity Interval Training
- WARNING: Tabata Workouts WILL Cause Fat Loss
Step Three: Start sweating