Mr. Briscoe feels that “sugar is being unfairly blamed for obesity problems in the United States at a time when per capita consumption of sweeteners has declined over the past decade.”
“Sugar is not part of the problem,” he said.
And with that statement, we have apparently entered the portion of the interview where Mr. Sugar starts looking for Mr. Scapegoat.
Luckily for Mr. Sugar, he always has Mr. High Fructose Corn Syrup hanging around.
- Did you know that less than 5 percent of all U.S. sugar deliveries go to the beverage industry?
- And did you know that the consumption of HFCS in 2008 stood at more than 5.0 million metric tons in 2008
- That’s nearly 15 times more HFCS than sugar used in beverages
So, there you go.
- Obesity isn’t caused by sugar
- Obesity is caused by HFCS
- Sugar is completely innocent
- Sugar is good for you
- Keep buying lots and lots of sugar
- and pay no attention to that man behind the curtain