One of the first things I do with new clients is make them keep a food log.
Nothing fancy…just a little spiral notebook that they keep in their pocket and use to record:
- What food they ate
- How much they ate (approximate – no weights/calories)
- When they ate it
- What they were doing while eating
- How it made them feel (physically, mentally, emotionally)
Most of them don’t want to do it and none of them are perfect with their note taking…and that’s fine.
Because my goal with the food log is to look for trends. Trends showing me why they have gained 40 lbs over the past decade.
And one of those big trends is tv.
- Eating in front of the tv
- Eating crappy food while watching tv
- Eating unconsciously (hand to mouth) while watching tv
- Being manipulated by the food commercials shown on tv
And there is something special about late night tv for really packing on the pounds.
I don’t know if it’s the fact that you are exhausted/sleepy while watching Letterman that results in an even stronger obesity response, but as soon as a client cuts out late night tv, we see an immediate reduction in body-fat.
Every single time. Try it for a week and tell me how it works for you.
- Obesity Isn’t The Disease…It’s Only A Symptom
- The Health Habits Diet – Part 1
- The Health Habits Diet – Part 2
- The Making of the Health Habits Diet
- Diet Compliance Chart
- Caveman Diet
- HIIT Training: The Cure for Insulin Resistance, Type 2 Diabetes …
- Paleo Recipe Resource Page
- What Kind of Paleo are You?
- Type 1 Diabetes: The New Lifestyle Epidemic | Health Habits
- Is Paleo Eating the Cure for Diabetes?
- News Flash! Caveman Diet Good…Your Diet Bad
- The Link between Belly