The next time someone tells you they just did a “killer” workout, show them this one…
What you just watched was just 1/6th of a workout I witnessed last week at the MNJCC in Toronto.
After watching Amir, Nicole & Manny perform the first round of this circuit, I dashed off to my gym locker, grabbed my brand new mini video cam, sprinted back to the gym and recorded the last 3 min round of their first HIRT (High Intensity Resistance Training) circuit from hell.
Here’s their workout:
3 Rounds of:
- Jumping Barbell Press (12 reps onto a 24″ box with a 45 lb barbell (guys) & 20 lb barbell (Nicole))
- Push-up Hops (10 yards there & back) + 25 Push-ups (substitute Walking Push-ups or Bear Crawls)
- Hybrid Burpees (5 reps)
- 45 second rest & repeat for 3 Rounds
The entire circuit took around 13 minutes.
I was unable to record Circuit #2 in it’s entirety because the room they used was full of other gym members reticent about becoming Youtube video stars.
I will include videos of the individual exercises that I was able to capture.
3 Rounds of:
- Hanging Knee Tuck with Leg Extension (12 reps)
- Prone Bridge with Wall – Leg Bicycles (12 reps)
- Prone Bridge with Wall – Leg In & Outs (12 reps)
- Pull-Ups (25 reps – strict or slight kipping action)
So, whaddaya think?
Can you hang with the JCC crew for 3 Minutes of HIRT?
How about 30 minutes?
If you like what you see here, click here for updates
- Are you tough enough for this workout?
- HIRT Workout…No Equipment…No Problem
- 1,000,000,001 Different Ways to Train your Chest
- Tabata Workouts WILL Cause Fat Loss
- Tabata Training 101
- 13 Training Mistakes You Need to Avoid
- HIIT: The Aerobic version
- 4 Steps to a Great HIIT Workout
- Power training
- Muscular strength made simple
- Components of Physical Fitness