Today’s picture expresses the type of intensity I would like to see applied to the following workout…perhaps without the adamantium claws and the homicidal intent.
Feel free to mix things up during the warm-up. The goal is to warm up your muscles and to get your joints lubricated. I like the following warm-up exercises, but if you’re getting sick of them..do your own thing…as long as it gets the job done.
Circles – Starting with the ankles and moving all the way up to your neck, gently make circles with all of your joints – 10 revolutions each joint in each direction
Dead Bug – Push your lower back into the floor and articulate your arms & legs as in the video. 1 set of as many reps as possible with your lower back pushed into the floor. When your back starts to arch…STOP
1 Arm Swing Snatch – 25 reps per arm – Dumbbell or kettlebell – choose a light weight – the goal is to warm-up
Same as the past 2 workouts.
- 4 exercises performed as a circuit with minimal (zero) rest between sets
- Using the same weight for all of the exercises
- 10 sets of each exercise
- In the first round of the circuit, you perform 10 reps per exercise
- In the second round – 9 reps, third round – 8 reps, etc…all the way down to the last round of 1 rep per exercise
Chin-Ups / Assisted Chin-Ups or Pulldowns – choose a weight that you can handle for approximately 12 reps with good form
Bulgarian Split Squat/Lunge – same weight selection as before – 12RM per leg
Wood Chops – same weight selection as before – 12RM
Note – Exercises 3 & 4 can be performed one after the other OR as a circuit (left leg Bulgarians – Wood Chop right to left – right leg Bulgarians – Wood Chop left to right)
Dive Bomb or Hindu Push Ups – BW
- Repeat this circuit 10 times with decreasing reps per set as outlined above.
- Keep the rest between sets to an absolute minimum
- For the freaks amongst us, you can repeat this workout a second time.