It’s almost a brand New Year – 2011.
That means it’s almost time for 96 percent of the world’s adult population to make the following New Year’s Resolution.
I AM GOING TO LOSE WEIGHT.
And if you’re among that desperate 96%, here is a fantastic tool for weight loss success.
Research has shown that dieters who photographed their meals prior to eating are more likely to stick to their diet, less likely to cheat and lose up to three times more weight.
And here’s how to create your own Photo Diet/Food Log in under 5 minutes.
- Go to Posterous.com
- Sign up for an account
- Create a new site – follow the instructions
- Here’s one I created as an example
- Adjust the settings as you see fit. I recommend that you either make the site public OR make private with password protection if and only if you send the url & password to at least 5 people who are willing to keep you honest while you are trying to diet. You really need that threat of someone checking out your diet/food log to keep you from cheating.
- I also adjusted my settings so that only I can post, but that logged in visitors can comment.
Alright, now that your site is set up – what’s next?
- Take a picture of your next meal with a) your mobile phone or b) your digital camera
- If you used your phone – email that picture to firstname.lastname@example.org. In my case, I would email it to email@example.com. You can also send the image via SMS text.
- If you don’t have a mobile phone, take a pic with your digital camera, upload it to your computer and email that image to firstname.lastname@example.org via your computer.
Obviously, the mobile phone option is much, much better.
- Now you take a picture of everything you eat before you eat it.
- Email it to your photo diet/food log
- And get ready to lose weight
And if you need help with your diet/exercise program, there is a bunch of new articles in the pipeline.