Shape Up NYC is a FREE family fitness program offered at parks, community centers and housing sites around New York City.
Paid for with a blend of private & public money along with the efforts of volunteer fitness trainers, the city has expanded this program for 2011.
- Classes are starting now instead of waiting for summer
- Classes are being held at dozens of locations across the five boroughs.
- Classes are taught by expert fitness instructors who know how to make fitness fun.
- Class offerings are varied and include aerobics, yoga, pilates and zumba.
- No pre-registration is required
- Classes are open to adults and children
To find the location in your neighborhood, click here.
And that’s not the only free health & fitness program being offered in NYC.
- With their Free First Monday program, For the first Monday of every month, NYC recreation centers open their doors on the first Monday of every month to offer a day of FREE fitness programs and activities
- Walk NYC is another FREE program that provides instructor-led walking tours throughout the city in an effort to encourage New Yorkers of all ages to get fit while enjoying the outdoors.