It was just one of those days where I was:
- short on time
- running low on healthy food
- hungry as a bear
- and in a bad mood (crappy day, don’t even ask)
As a result of my crappy day, my stress levels were sky high and my serotonin levels were down in the dumps.
As a result of that, I began to have a wicked craving for carbs and was experiencing a generally crappy mood which also caused a craving for a great big dietary hug from Mom.
So, in a moment of emotional weakness, I ripped open a dusty old box of Kraft Dinner from the pantry.
And I ate that glow in the dark orange, mushy, creamy, full of chemicals, pasta slop.
And I loved every spoon/shovelful.
Unfortunately, for the rest of the evening I was craving carbs like a heroin junkie craves heroin.
And this morning, I woke up with everything aching…my head, my back, my muscles feel stiff and sore and I am still craving carbs and feeling generally like crap.
So, what did I do to get rid of my Kraft Dinner hangover?
- Exercise – at 4:30 this morn, I woke up and did 30 minutes of joint mobility and muscle flexibility exercises. Nothing too intense – just working the stiffness out of my body
- While exercising, I drank a serving of Athletic Greens
- I also choked down a Vitamin B Complex pill and another herbal adaptogen product to help get my hormones back in order.
At 6:30 this morning, I started writing this post and…
- my headache is gone,
- my craving for carbs is 82% gone,
- my muscles feel normal – not optimal, but okay.
Overall, I feel 91% less crappy and ready to go train another 6 clients.
Just Say No to Kraft Dinner