Try this HIIT workout tonight at the gym.
- Hop up onto a stationary exercise bike – standard, recumbant or spin bike.
- Set the bike to a challenging resistance level
- Perform one 10-second sprint as fast as possible
- Count the number of revolutions your right foot performs
- Remember the number of revs (let’s say you did 28 revs in 10 seconds)
Now for the fun stuff.
- I want you to give me five 10-second sprints with a minimum of 27 revs .
- 26 revs doesn’t count
- 25 revs doesn’t count
- Only 27 and above
If you’re lucky, you will hit 27 or above on your first 5 sprints.
If you’re unlucky, it might take 10 or more sprints to get all 5 – 27 rev sprints
But, I doubt it…You’ll be surprised how hard you can push yourself in order to get those 27 revs.
Note – Shorter rest periods are going to make this even more difficult. As such, I recommend starting with a 10 sec sprint : 50 sec rest protocol the first time you try this workout.