One of the major benefits of eating Paleo is that I almost never have cravings for super-sweet desserts anymore.
Last night…..my sweet tooth came back with a vengeance.
But, instead of giving into my sugar demons and running out and grabbing a tub of Candy Cane Chocolate Fudge Crackle Ice Cream, I clung to my last vestige of self-control…dashed into the kitchen…and whipped up my favorite paleo dessert
Sauteed Apples & Friends
The beauty of this recipe is that you don’t even need apples.
It works equally well with pears, pineapple, peaches, nectarines, cherries, strawberries, mango, papaya, guava, etc…
Personally, I like a mixture of hard & soft fruits.
In this case, I had apples, raisins and bananas in the kitchen….and they all went into the pan.
- 2 apples – chopped into bite sized pieces (I used Honey Crisp)
- 1 heaping tablespoon of raisins
- 1/2 a banana – chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (I love cinnamon – you may want a little less)
- 2 tbsp butter (you can substitute coconut oil)
- Honey to taste (the banana & raisins provide a lot of natural sweetness)
- a splash of spiced rum (feel free to omit, but it tastes great – I used Sailor Jerry brand)
This served two people.
Give it a try and let me know what you think.