I am a big believer in people accepting personal behavior for their own actions…. and in-actions.
Regarding obesity, while a large percentage of obese people do live with conditions (genetic, environmental, financial) that increase their odds of porking out, we can’t ignore the fact that most obese people make horrendous choices when it comes to the food they eat.
But what if you knew that…
- Large food companies use psychological techniques designed to brainwash us into eating specific products?
- And that the foods they’re convincing us to buy have contributed directly to the lifestyle diseases that are bankrupting our healthcare systems?
- And what if you knew that government subsidies have artificially lowered the costs of some foods?
- And that those artificially inexpensive foods are the main ingredients in those very high-profit / high-obesity foods you are being brainwashed to purchase.
Would it annoy you to know that we’ve combined the worst of free market principles…
- Companies using psychological manipulation to drive sales
…with the worst of government intervention
- Billion dollars of subsidies leading to a rapid decline in the health of citizens and exploding healthcare costs.
Would that annoy you?
Or have you been brainwashed too?