For a period of four years back in the 80’s, there lived a total freak of nature who:
- Won the Heisman Trophy in U.S. college football
- Ran a 4.12 second 40-yard dash time at the NFL testing combine
- Was drafted first overall in the National Football League entry draft
- Was drafted first overall in the Major League Baseball entry draft
- Was named the MVP of the MLB’s All-Star game
- Played football like this…
- While playing baseball like this
There was nobody like Bo.
Just thinking of the stuff he could do on the field provided the motivation that teenage me needed to workout harder and longer than everyone else.