Angela is desperate to lose weight…Angela has tried everything…
- She has read every diet book.
- She has exercised like an Olympic athlete.
- She has cleansed.
- She has choked down dietary supplements.
- She has joined and quit three different diet programs.
She did what she was supposed to do. She listened to the experts and did what they said.
And yet, through all of her ups and downs, she couldn’t convince her body to to permanently abandon that unwanted body-fat.
There are a variety of reasons why people gain weight…and each of these reasons spawns a variety of experts to tell you how to correct the problem.
- Hormonal causes leads to a variety of dietary, exercise and pharmaceutical solutions
- Lifestyle causes lead to a variety of lifestyle / exercise solutions
- Dietary causes lead to a variety of dietary solutions
- Emotional causes lead to a variety of psychological, social and pharmaceutical solutions
Like most people, Angela’s weight gain isn’t the result of one thing. Her weight gain is multi-dimensional and is going to require a multi-dimensional solution.
- Yes and no
Most of the people involved in the weight loss industry have good intentions. They want you to lose weight. They are not lying to you.
However, in their desire to separate themselves from the rest of their business competition, they have to come up with a Unique Selling Proposition.And since they are all selling quick and easy weight loss, they have to differentiate themselves by their method of weight loss.
They have to prove to you that their approach is right and that the other company is wrong.
- The low-fat diet guru has to attack the low-carb diet guru
- The cardio queen has to criticize the weight lifters, and
- The drug companies just spend millions of dollars brainwashing us with marketing
And at the end of the day, when you fail to lose and / or maintain the weight loss, who is to blame?
- You are.
- You and your lack of will power.
- It’s all your fault.
Nope…that’s what the fitness / weight loss industries want you to think
- Angela needs to realize that health and weight loss are twinned goals
- Angela needs to realize that health and weight loss are multi-faceted issues
- Angela needs to realize that she needs a multi-faceted solution
- Angela needs to know that she can lose the weight
To achieve successful and permanent weight loss, Angela needs to address each of the 3 Paths to Fat Loss
Path # 1 – Nutrition
Path # 2 – Exercise
Path # 3 – Mental / Emotional / Spiritual Strategies
There is no way around this one. You will never exercise your way around a diet based on pie ala mode. It’s just not going to happen.
When I design a exercise program geared towards melting body-fat, I follow a very definite strategy. I always choose exercises that:
- Burn a lot of calories
- Maintain / Encourage muscle growth
- Elevate resting metabolism
- Elevate post-workout metabolism
Mental / Emotional / Spiritual Strategies
This path to fat loss is easily the most complicated, confusing and crucial of the 3 paths.
It is the most complicated because it is the most personal. It requires that we ask questions about our thoughts and emotions.
Somewhere between our urges / thoughts / desires and our actions lies our free will.
We have the ability to weigh the pros and cons and make a decision that is in our best interest. We also have the emotional control to act upon that decision
For other people, the desire for ice cream (or cake or pizza) overpowers their conscious mind. Until they can gain control over their mind / emotions / spirit, they will break their diets, skip their workouts and gain more weight.
That’s it for now….In the next page, I will cover my exercise plan for weight loss….
- Page 1 – Intro
- Page 2 – 3 Paths to Fat Loss
- Page 3 – The Most Effective Training Methods for Fat Loss
- Page 4 – High Intensity Resistance Training
- Page 5 – High Intensity Interval Training
Like this article???
If you like this article, don’t forget to subscribe to @healthhabits. When you subscribe, my friends at MailChimp will make sure to send you an email every time I post something new here at the blog.
As well, you also get access to the series of Supplement Reports that I am publishing this year.