Welcome to the fourth edition of 10 Ways to Burn 1 Pound of Body-Fat.
The following list will highlight different physical activities and tell you how long they will take to burn 500 calories….which is a convenient number because a pound of body fat is 3500 calories and there are 7 days in the week.
And if my Grade 3 math skills are still up to date, 500 calories burned x 7 days in the week = 3500 calories burned per week = 1 pound of body fat burned off per week.
And that’s pretty cool. So, here we go….
- It will take the average American Male (191 lbs) 62 minutes of Zumbafying to burn 500 calories
- It will take the average American Female (164 lbs) 72 minutes of shaking her booty to burn 500 calories
To find out how long it will take YOU to burn 500 calories…
- take your weight (ex 200 lbs),
- divide by the average American weight – male or female ( ex 200 lb male / 191 lbs = 1.047),
- and multiply the result by the average time that I calculated (ex 1.047 x 62 mintes = 65 minutes)
- Baseball / Softball
- Canoeing (non-competitive)
- Chin-Ups / Pull-Ups
- Playing Catch
Like this article???
If you like this article, don’t forget to subscribe to @healthhabits. When you subscribe, my friends at MailChimp will make sure to send you an email every time I post something new here at the blog.
As well, you also get access to the series of Supplement Reports that I am publishing this year.