Around the world, the #1 excuse for not exercising is…”I don’t have enough time”.
As a public service to those uber-busy people, I have put together a template for a 15 minute workout that is simple, effective and works for beginners & elite athletes alike.
- 15 minutes
- Great workout
- Guaranteed results
- No more excuses
Buy a set of very affordable workout bands like these. ($30 from Amazon). You can probably find a set for next to nothing at the Salvation Army, Goodwill, Value Village, etc.
Find a place to exercise.
Bands can be attached to a door:
or any immovable object:
Note: The spring link used in the video costs about $2-3 at Home Depot.
Choose 1 exercise / exercise combo from each group:
- Jumping Jacks
- Scissor Shuffles
- Running in Place / Jogging on the Spot
- Shuttle Runs
- Skipping Rope
- Mountain Climbers
- Exercise Bike sprints
- Standing Band Chest Press
- Standing Band Row
- Standing Band Overhead Press
- Standing Band Pulldown
- Standing Band Woodchop
- Standing Band Pallof Press
- Standing Band Thrusters
- Bodyweight Squats
- Bodyweight Hip Thrusts
- Bodyweight 1-Leg Deadlifts
- Standing Band Hip Thrusts
- Bodyweight Jump Squats
- Standing Band Deadlifts
- Standing Band Lunges
1. Set your timer for a 4-minute Tabata style interval
- 20 seconds of exercise
- 10 seconds of rest
- Repeat 8 times
- Total time: 4 minutes (160 seconds of exercise + 80 seconds of rest)
2. Perform the chosen Group #1 exercise using the 4-min Tabata style interval. Using good form, perform as many reps as possible.
3. Rest 90 seconds
4. Perform the chosen Group #2 exercise using the 4-min Tabata style interval. Using good form, perform as many reps as possible.
5. Rest 90 seconds
6. Perform the chosen Group #3 exercise using the 4-min Tabata style interval. Using good form, perform as many reps as possible.
7. Done 🙂
Step #6 – Optional
If you decide that you have more than 15 minutes and want to increase your volume of exercise, add additional exercises from any of the three groups.
Step #7 – Optional
Before you grab a shower, you could choose to add some mobility/flexibility exercises into the mix. Here are some resources:
- Resistance Stretching
- 5 Ways to Wreck Your Workout
- Intro to Jill Miller & Kelly Starrett
- Mommy Strength
- Your Posture is Making You Look Short & Fat
Like this article?
Subscribe to @healthhabits and my friends at Mail Chimp will make sure that every time I scribble an article for @healthhabits, it will end up in your email inbox.
In addition to the articles, I will be writing a series of Special Reports this year exclusively for @healthhabits subscribers.
Subscribe now and make sure you don’t miss out.