What are Health Habits?
Health Habits (helTH habəts/)
Regular practices or tendencies which lead to to a person being…
- Free from illness or injury,
- Stronger, faster & more powerful than “normal” people,
- Happy, calm & content with life,
- A role model for their friends & family,
- Amazing to look at naked.
YOUR Health Habits (helTH habəts/)
Regular practices or tendencies which lead to to YOU being…
- As healthy as YOU can possibly be
- As fit, strong & powerful as YOU can possibly be
- As happy, calm & content as YOU have ever been
- A role model for YOUR friends & family
- Amazing to look at naked
Q: And what the difference between these two definitions?
- You are a unique person with unique strengths & weaknesses.
- You deserve better than a one-size-fits-all fitness program or diet.
- You deserve the latest scientific research mashed together with the “real-world” experience of the best health & fitness pros.
- You deserve an approach that doesn’t blame you for not being able to stick with an all-kale diet.
- You deserve some help finding out exactly what you need…not someone trying sell you what they want you to believe
Q: How are we going to help you find your Health Habits?
A1: Education – There are over 1500 articles here at Health Habits. Most of them are based on solid scientific research. Some of them are based on “real world” techniques that have never been properly studied. Either way, I hope you have the good sense to read these articles with a critical eye. If the article makes sense to you…put it to the test.
- Try a new diet plan for a month or two…see how your body responds
- Try out a new workout for a few weeks…see how your body responds
- Try out some of that crazy self-help mental/emotional advice…and see how your body, mood & mind responds
A3: Community – With over 900,000 @healthhabits followers, it’s pretty easy to find a peer willing to discuss
Who is the giant brain behind Health Habits.?
@healthhabits is the online home of:
- Douglas Robb
- 49 years old
- Personal Trainer
- Social Media junkie
- Raptors fan
- Etc, etc, etc…
A Very Brief Bio
For the past 30 years, I have helped hundreds of “real world” people transform their bodies.
Unfortunately, during these 30 years, I have also seen my share of clients who spend a lot of money, skip a lot of workouts, sabotage a lot of healthy meal plans and end up no better off than when they started. Luckily for me, I never thought of these experiences as failures. Each client taught me something new about the “real world” physiology and psychology of body transformation.
And, thanks to their input, I have arrived at some simple truths about successful body transformation.
Transformation is possible.
Transformation is simple….but not easy
- For every problem, there is a solution. When it comes to body transformation, we need to identify your specific problems and apply the best possible solution(s)…..simple
- Unfortunately, this transformation isn’t always easy. Your bad habits have been messing up your life for years and they will not go down without a fight.
There is no “best” diet or supplement or food or training plan.
- Your personal situation is different than mine.
- Your challenges are different than mine.
- Your solutions are going to be different than mine.
- People selling niche diets or training methods care more about branding & money than finding solutions to problems
With that being said, I believe that for most people, some version of a Paleo Diet is the best way to lose weight and get healthy. I also believe that high intensity training is superior to most other training methods for creating lean, strong, ultra-fit bodies.
The health/fitness/weight loss industry is a multi-billion dollar business that is based on products /services that are designed to fail. Designed to fail because, if they actually did what they promised, you would never need to buy another book/supplement ever again.
The top-down approach to health/fitness/weight loss doesn’t work.
For decades, “the experts” have been telling the public what to eat & how to move. And yet, obesity, diabetes and heart disease keep getting worse year after year. It’s time for a change. It’s time to combine all of the “expert” knowledge with the equally important “grassroots” experience of….us. And that’s my goal for @Healthhabits.
Take the best from the scientific community, combine it with the knowledge of the fitness community and then filter it through the experiences of the end user.
Because I believe in Truth #5, Health Habits needs to become fully interactive to be successful.
Using social media, we have the ability to share stories, research, best practices, crazy theories, new recipes, etc…
- There is no need to suffer through a diet in solitude.
- There is no reason to be stuck performing the same ineffective training plan month after month after month.
- There is no need to waste money on ineffective supplements
There is so much good info out there. If we help each other by sharing our knowledge & experience, we all benefit.
Note: I realize that makes me sound like a communist new-age hippie…but it doesn’t make it any less true.